Private Policy Statement
We Are Committed to Protect Your Privacy
The Ways We Collect Your Information
We collect information (i) from users of our website (Site); (ii) through other platforms used in connection with the services and products that we provide; and (iii) by telephone, email, text message, letter, or other methods of communication in the following ways.
Information Supplied by You:
Contact Information: You may choose to give us information in a variety of circumstances. For example, you may want to give us information, including your name, address, email address, phone number, or fax number, so that we may correspond with you and provide you with additional information. You may also choose to give us information so that we can schedule a product demonstration, to enroll you in a Web seminar or to send you educational information. We also collect information that you volunteer to us on surveys and registration sites. From time to time ISAKOS or Journal of ISAKOS (JISAKOS) may send you information about related products and services. If you wish to receive this information, please select the appropriate check box to opt in when registering for any personalized services. If you choose not to register and provide personal information, you can still use most areas of the Site. However, you will not be able to access certain areas of the Site that require registration or to obtain other ISAKOS services or products that require providing personal information.
Payment Information: If you choose to purchase a product or service, we and/or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information, including, but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, card verification value (CVV) number, and expiration date.
Information Supplied by Your Computer Hardware and Software:
The Ways We Use Your Information
ISAKOS uses the information that we collect to provide our services and products and to operate our business. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes, for example, in order to:
- provide a service or product you requested;
- secure your membership status;
- fulfill your membership benefits;
- analyze and evaluate member and prospective member needs and interests, and improve the member and prospective member experience;
- notify you of ISAKOS or JISAKOS official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits;
- send occasional email communications on behalf of vendors;
- track event, meeting, and conference attendance;
- include name, city, state, country in an online directory/registration list;
- track education related activities;
- prepare invoices and process payments;
- respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us;
- respond to a notice of alleged copyright infringement;
- promote the function, safety, and security of our services; and
- for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, we rely on multiple legal bases to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, including that:
- you have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time;
- it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations;
- it is necessary for our or a third partyâ€™s legitimate interests;
- it is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions; and/or
- it is necessary to protect someoneâ€™s life.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, those interests include: providing a product or service you requested; securing your membership status; fulfilling your membership benefits; analyzing and evaluating member and prospective member needs and interests, and improving the member and prospective member experience; notifying you of ISAKOS or JISAKOS official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits; sending occasional email communications on behalf of vendors; tracking event, meeting, and conference attendance; tracking education related activities; preparing invoices and process payments; responding to communications and inquiries that you send to us; responding to a notice of alleged copyright infringement; and promoting the function, safety, and security of our services.
The Ways We Share Your Information
Personal information may be given to a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of ISAKOS. Such transactions may include the following:
- ISAKOS may share member name and contact information, as provided to ISAKOS or JISAKOS, to other members to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for membersâ€™ use or misuse of your personal information.
- As a convenience, all ISAKOS members have been registered to receive JISAKOS-related emails from our publisher, BMJ. This includes eToc alerts when a new issue publishes and timely content highlights. There is no action required on your part and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- ISAKOS may share member name and contact information, as provided to ISAKOS, to certain other nonprofit organizations to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by other nonprofit organizations.
- Your member name and contact information, as provided to ISAKOS, may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at ISAKOS programs, events, meetings, and conferences to other attendees, including members, and other third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
- We may share your personal information with third parties that provide services to ISAKOS including, but not limited to, BMJ Publishing Group (JISAKOS), administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; payment card processing; or other data processing.
- We also may disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena, court order, or law enforcement or other government agency inquiry or investigation or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We also may use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
The Ways We Protect Your Information
We employ reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Online registration information, such as payment card information, will be secured using a commercially accepted method of encryption. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. We encourage you to use reasonable care in how you handle and disclose your personal information, user name(s), and password(s). If you become aware of any breach of Site security, please contact us immediately.
Access to and Control of Your Information
ISAKOS takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information seriously, and we will provide you with reasonable access to and control of the personal information that you have provided to us. You may request to update your personal information or to opt in to or opt out of any service offerings at any time.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights concerning your personal data, such as to access, obtain a copy of, correct, or delete that information or to withdraw your consent or object to the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of that information.
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information, including personal data, to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or to other countries outside the United States other than your country of residence. Countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, may have data privacy and protection laws that differ from, and potentially provide less protection than, the applicable laws in your country of residence.
Protection of Childrenâ€™s Personal Information
Our Site is a general audience website. The Site and our services and products are not directed toward children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our records.
The Site provides external links to various third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites and hereby disclaim any liability or responsibility in connection with such linked websites, even if an affiliation exists between that third party and ISAKOS. Please provide us with any comments regarding our Site or linked third-party websites at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISAKOS Contact Information
If you have questions, please contact us at:
International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
2410 Camino Ramon, Suite 215
San Ramon, CA 94583
Telephone: (925) 807-1197
Fax: (925) 807-1199
Revised July 1, 2019