ISAKOS Mission Statement
ISAKOS advances the worldwide exchange and dissemination of education, research and patient care in arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopaedic sports medicine.
Interesting Facts About ISAKOS
- Works with local and regional organizations to develop and promote works that disseminate and further the increased knowledge of arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopaedic sports medicine.
- Was founded in 1995 when the International Society of the Knee (ISK) and the International Arthroscopy Association (IAA) merged.
- Supports a membership of more than 3,000 orthopaedic surgeons, fellows, residents and other allied health care professionals.
- Has members in every corner of the world, including Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela, and Yemen.
ISAKOS Membership Benefits
Your completed application will be considered for placement in one of three primary membership categories:
Associate Membership - Individuals who demonstrate interest or ability in the fields of medicine or science and who have demonstrated an interest in arthroscopy, knee surgery, and orthopaedic sports medicine shall be eligible. All associate members receive a subscription to Journal of ISAKOS: Joint Disorders & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. Associate members are not entitled to vote and are not eligible to hold office.
Active Membership - Medical doctors qualified as orthopedists, musculoskeletal surgeons, rheumatologists or the equivalent, from all countries who are in good medical standing in their national/regional society as determined by a membership committee of the society. All active members receive a subscription to Journal of ISAKOS: Joint Disorders & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. Active members are entitled to vote at all meetings of the membership and are eligible to hold office in the society.
Active Membership is awarded pending an application review at a meeting of the Membership Committee. The Membership Committee meets at all annual AAOS meetings and at ISAKOS congresses. APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A SPONSORSHIP FORM ON FILE, AND HAVE ATTENDED AN ISAKOS CONGRESS TO QUALIFY FOR ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP.
NEW! Fellow Membership - Individuals categorized as board-qualified specialists pursuing training in a subspecialty related to arthroscopy, knee surgery, or orthopaedic sports medicine (not to be confused with a member of a learned society or a graduate student holding a position in a university or college). Fellow Members may receive up to two calendar years of free ISAKOS Membership. To qualify for Fellow Membership, the applicant must submit proof of fellowship, including a letter of fellowship and written verification from their fellowship program Chair. Fellow Members are not eligible to vote at Society meetings, hold office in the Society, or be upgraded to Active Membership. Fellow Members will receive digital access to the Journal of ISAKOS: Joint Disorders & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, as well as the ISAKOS Newsletter, all societal mailings, and automatically qualify for the reduced Fellow registration rate at the ISAKOS Congress.
At the conclusion of a Fellow Membership, a Fellow member has the option to upgrade to Associate Membership without having to reapply.
View detailed Membership Category and Dues information.
Become a Member with Ease if You Belong to the Following Societies
If you are a member in good standing in one of the following societies, you can qualify for immediate associate membership
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- The Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- The Asia-Pacific Knee, Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine Society (APKASS)
- The Knee and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Section of the Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA)
- The European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery, and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- The Latin American Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Sports Medicine (SLARD)