ISAKOS Mission Statement
ISAKOS advances the worldwide exchange and dissemination of education, research and patient care in arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopaedic sports medicine.
Interesting Facts About ISAKOS
- Works with local and regional organizations to develop and promote works that disseminate and further the increased knowledge of arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopaedic sports medicine.
- Was founded in 1995 when the International Society of the Knee (ISK) and the International Arthroscopy Association (IAA) merged.
- Supports a membership of more than 3,000 orthopaedic surgeons, fellows, residents and other allied health care professionals.
- Has members in every corner of the world, including Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia & Montenegro, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA and Venezuela.
2017 ISAKOS Membership Benefits
Your completed application will be considered for placement in one of two primary membership categories:
Associate Membership - Individuals who demonstrate interest or ability in the fields of medicine or science and who have demonstrated an interest in arthroscopy, knee surgery, and orthopaedic sports medicine shall be eligible. All associate members, except those who belong to AANA, receive a subscription to the journal Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery. Associate members are not entitled to vote and are not eligible to hold office.
Active Membership - Medical doctors qualified as orthopedists, musculoskeletal surgeons, rheumatologists or the equivalent, from all countries who are in good medical standing in their national/regional society as determined by a membership committee of the society. All active members, except those who belong to AANA, receive a subscription to the journal Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery. Active members are entitled to vote at all meetings of the membership and are eligible to hold office in the society.
Active Membership is awarded pending an application review at a meeting of the Membership Committee. The Membership Committee meets at all annual AAOS meetings and at ISAKOS congresses. APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A SPONSORSHIP FORM ON FILE, AND HAVE ATTENDED AN ISAKOS CONGRESS TO QUALIFY FOR ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP.
View detailed Membership Category and Dues information.
Become a Member with Ease if You Belong to the Following Societies
If you are a member in good standing in one of the following societies, you can qualify for immediate associate membership
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- The Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- The Asia-Pacific Knee, Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine Society (APKASS)
- The Knee and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Section of the Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (APOA)
- The European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery, and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- The Latin American Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Sports Medicine (SLARD)