Knee: Sports & Preservation Committee
Contribute to the overall education and research activities of ISAKOS as required and requested.
Body of Work: This committee is focused on pre-arthroplasty issues - including cartilage and ligament surgery
- open and arthroscopic, as well as osteotomies.
Chair, Deputy Chair(s), up to 15 members, staff liaison
Brett A. Fritsch, MBBS BSc(Med), FRACS, FAOrthA
Seth L. Sherman, MD
James R. Robinson, MBBS, MS, FRCS(Tr & Orth)
Deputy Chair, 2023-2025
Maria Tuca, MD
Deputy Chair, 2023-2025
Tahsin Beyzadeoglu, MD, Prof. TURKEY
Brian M. Devitt, MD, PhD, FRCS, FRACS IRELAND
Francisco Figueroa, MD CHILE
Rachel M. Frank, MD UNITED STATES
Deepak Goyal, MBBS, MS(Ortho), DNB(Ortho), Prof INDIA
Michael E. Hantes, MD, PhD, Prof. GREECE
Mauricio Kfuri, MD, PhD UNITED STATES
Ryosuke Kuroda, MD, PhD JAPAN
John G. Lane, MD UNITED STATES
Yee-Han Dave Lee, MBBS, FRCS(Ortho) SINGAPORE
Timothy Lording, MBBS, FRACS AUSTRALIA
R. Kyle Martin, MD, FRCSC UNITED STATES
Gilbert Moatshe, MD, PhD NORWAY
Thomas Neri, MD, PhD, Prof. FRANCE
Matthieu Ollivier, Prof, MD, PhD FRANCE
Emmanouil Papakostas, MD, FEBSM QATAR
Dinshaw Pardiwala, MS(Orth), DNB(Orth), FCPS INDIA
David A. Parker, MBBS, BMedSc, FRACS AUSTRALIA
Petri J. Sillanpää, MD, PhD FINLAND
Ciara M. Stevenson, MBBCh, BaO, FRCS(Orth) UNITED KINGDOM
Sachin Ramchandra Tapasvi, MBBS, MS, DNB, FRCS INDIA
The following charges are the 2023 - 2025 committee term.
- Awards & Fellowships
- Assist in the selection of the winner of the ISAKOS Patellofemoral Research Excellence Award.
- Collaborate with the Traveling Fellowship Committee in the selection of the winner of the ISAKOS Patellofemoral Traveling Fellowship.
- Determine the selection of the winner of the ISAKOS Albert Trillat Award.
- Collaborate with Program Chair and Deputy Chair on innovations and new technologies that can be implemented for the Congress
- Develop symposium and ICL proposals for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to Knee pre-arthroplasty issues, including cartilage, ligament surgery and osteotomy.
- Review and grade abstracts for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to Knee pre-arthroplasty issues, including cartilage, ligament surgery and osteotomy.
- Global Link
- Assist in the management, review and organization of ISAKOS Global Link content related to Knee: Sports & Preservation.
- Journal of ISAKOS
- Collaborate with JISAKOS Editor on development of a Theme Issue. Theme Issues to consist of 3-5 articles focused on one specific topic. Article types to include, but not limited to: State of the Art, Systematic Review, Current Concept,
- Provide at least two articles for Journal of ISAKOS annually. Content to be determined in collaboration with JISAKOS Editor
- Serve as article reviewers on an as needed basis for Journal of ISAKOS.
- Propose a new potential Committee project for Board consideration such as: Multimedia, Publications, Research & Education, Webinar
- Prepare and Submit at least two articles for the ISAKOS Newsletter, each calendar year.
- Strategic Plan
- Advance the fulfillment / achievement of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan. Consider with all Committee initiatives, how projects will assist in the accomplishment of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan.