Challenges In Football Injuries
CHALLENGES IN FOOTBALL INJURIES
A Combined Meeting of ISAKOS, ASPETAR & FIFA Medical Committee
February 11-12, 2016 • Doha, Qatar
Doha - Qatar, Torch Ballroom
The aim of the conference is to provide education in the field of football injuries, focusing on some of the specific challenges and controversial topics. Aspetar, ISAKOS and FIFA Medical Committee will bring together experts to present the current concepts and to share their experiences. In addition to the lectures, cases discussion and surgical cadaveric demonstrations will be provided.
Download Agenda (PDF)
Mohamed Ghaith Al Kuwari, Acting Director General - Aspetar
Scott Gillogly, Chief Medical Officer - Aspetar
Philippe Landreau, Chief of Surgery - Aspetar
Philippe Neyret, ISAKOS President - France
João Espregueira-Mendes, ISAKOS Treasurer – Portugal
Michel D’Hooghe, FIFA Medical Committee President - Belgium
Yacine Zerguini, FIFA Medical Committee
Mats Brittberg, Sweden
Pieter D’Hooghe, Aspetar
Peter Verdonk, Belgium
Nader Darwish, Abu Dhabi
Willem Van Der Merwe, South Africa
Niek Van Dijk, Netherlands
Helder Pereira, Portugal
Gian Luigi Canata, Italy
Jon Karlsson, Sweden
Kenneth Hunt, USA
Mohamad Razi, Iran
Thomas Bauer, France
Nicol Van Dyk, Aspetar
Andrea Mosler, Aspetar
Andreas Serner, Aspetar
Sebastien Racinais, Aspetar
Karim Chamari, Aspetar
Cristiano Eirale, Aspetar
Barbara Wondrasch, Austria
Topics & Lectures
- ACL Lesions & Rotation Instability. Is this a special problem in football?
- ACL in Open Physis
- PCL Injuries in Football
- Posterolateral Corner Lesions
- Meniscal Root Tears
- What to do when the meniscus has disappeared?
- Can we go back to play after HTO?
- Case Discussion
- There is no such thing as an ankle sprain
- Is the syndesmosis an ugly duck in football?
- Anterior impingment in football.
- Posterior impingment in football.
- Osteochondral defects of the ankle: Is football a risk factor?
- Stress Fractures of the ankle / foot in football Treatment of insertion Achilles tendinopathy Cases discussion
- Cartilage injuries in football
- Epidemiology and trauma mechanisms
- How to prevent cartilage injuries
- Therapeutic conservative tools and repair tissue evaluations
- Surgical treatment alternatives for cartilage injuries in the football players
- Cartilage injury rehabilitation and return to play
- Consequences of cartilage injuries related to the post playing years
- Osteoarthritis Cases discussion
- Predictive factors for hamstring injuries
- Predictive factors for hip and groin pain in elite footballers
- Video analysis of acute groin injuries
- Heat (hot ambient conditions) and sport Training control in football
- Epidemiology of football injuries in Middle East
English. No simultaneous translation will be available.
Ms. Khloud Sebak
Office: +(974) 4413 2381
Fax: +(974) 4413 2020
Aspetar, Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital
P.O. Box 29222